September 23, 2012

So much for the daily updates...

...but at least it isn't the 3 month absence like last year. Ha.

Happiness Journal (Sept 19):

  • breezing through so many great scripts on the train rides to and from school; over the years I have gotten so many scripts but then never read them, so now is the perfect opportunity! 
  • talking with several more service sites for the Loughlin students to volunteer at, and actually setting up different times that we can head over and SERVE! 
  • Melissa and I both bringing Mallomars for lunch, and Melissa "sharing" hers with me, not realizing that I brought the same amount in the same plastic bag. Needless to say, another laughing fit in the CM office! 
  • finally setting up and figuring out how to log my hours for Americorps, and then exclaiming loudly for all my students to hear, "That's how Mr. Hueg gets things done. For America!" 
"Life is not about kissin' @$$, it's about kickin' @$$!!" - Anonymous

Happiness Journal (Sept 20):
  • the first Lasallian Youth meeting being so successful, with a room full to capacity! 
  • talking all about my awkward OCD tendencies at lunch with my boss and students
  • attending our JV/Varsity volleyball games (which we won!) and seeing all the students cheering on their peers with such #LoughlinPride
  • having some Lasallians from Rhode Island make there way down into NYC for a meeting they had on Friday, and getting to catch up and chat with them
"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and sits softly on your shoulder" -Henry David Thoreau

Happiness Journal (Sept. 21):
  • enjoying delicious bacon for breakfast as I went sprinting out the door for the train
  • getting to play with Keynote at work for a presentation we want to do with classes next month! 
  • Student (while looking in the mirror): "If I could pick anyone up, it'd be myself. I look good."
  • talking and catching up with Jo in the PLT about life, etc and sharing an awesome play suggestion to read! Literally, this bullet point is the highlight of my WEEK! 
"We must be willing to let go of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - Joseph Campbell 

Happiness Journal (Sept. 22):
  • "sleeping in" aka waking up at 830 am! 
  • getting the linen closet in the community all straightened up and sorted for the year (I am in charge of hospitality, and so making sure all that is ready feels pretty good)
  • going to a FREE Yankees game, courtesy of my awesome LV Alum Mentor! 
  • skyping with Kristen and Liana in San Fran, and  catching up on all the latest LV gossip, etc. Laughter truly is the key to life, for sho! 
  • receiving an AWESOME postcard in the mail from my #bromance down in Tulsa! 
  • watching Joseph Gordin Levitt host Saturday Night Live
"Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day." - Anonymous

Skankees game...I mean, Yankees. Pretty awesome seats and stadium! 
Happiness Journal (Sept. 23):
  • going back to St. Francis Xavier church for #ServiceSunday with my students, but this time volunteering with their Welcome Table Soup Kitchen! Every time we go on service, I get more and more proud of my students! :D. 
  • getting 3 new pairs of awesome dress socks for work! #teacherswag
  • going to Mass as a community after we completed our CAP (Community Annual Program) for the weekend
  • watching the 'season finale' of Broadway or Bust with Br. Bill and predicting, yet again, all the right winners - I really have to start playing the lottery
  • laughing at a bunch of YouTube videos with Stephanie while trying to put together the LVs Run weekly newsletter
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 

No comments:

Post a Comment