September 11, 2012

And the school year begins...

It was so great to have our first official day of school yesterday, however, I will have to readjust back into wearing "teacher" clothes all the time again. (I really need to find a job wearing gym shorts and t-shirts all day like I had during the summer!). 

Happiness Journal (Sept. 10):
  • seeing the full student body returning to school with excitement and anticipation of the upcoming year! 
  • student quote: (walking into our newly painted office) "So this is the new crib...I like." [not sure how I feel about my office being called a "crib" but if it gets more students to come and visit, I'll take it...]
  • having a delicious Minnesota delicacy for dinner : Tater Tot Hot Dish!! yummmm.
  • buying Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice ground coffee so I can make my own at home and save on money #lifeofavolunteer
"The influence of a good teacher can never be erased" -Unknown

Happiness Journal (Sept 11):
  • having the whole student represented through unity of the terrorist attacks wearing remembrance pins all day
  • presenting to some of the freshmen religion classes about "Who is John Baptist de La Salle?" and "What does it mean to be Lasallian?"
  • finding "Headless (Lasallian) Horseman" in our house tonight after dinner [see picture below...]
  • receiving a package from one of my college campus minister's, Sabrina, with an awesome shirt from one of my favorite mission trips we do! 
"525,600 minutes. 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?" - RENT (it has officially been 1 year since I have started working a Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School; where has the time gone?)

"Headless (Lasallian) Horseman"
Live Jesus In Our Hearts. Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment