September 5, 2012

Let the craziness begin...

Today marked the first day of having students in the school for academic related activities. We began the day getting the freshman into school, and ready to go be a part of our house system. It was great watching all of them slowly walk into school, scared of where to go, where to sit, what to say, etc. I am so excited to be back in the wonderful Cordero House with my family! I can already see a sense of maturity and growth from just the summer. Don't get me wrong, I still had my trouble students but was able to ask them to do what I need only 3 times versus the old 10-12 times. Baby steps...

Spending only a half day with the student body provided for a bit of time in the office to work, but really not sure if I got anything done. :/. After painting the office this past summer and having everything packed in boxes, I am still getting used to where everything is and where to go when I need something. I also received a delivery of more miscellaneous items to store in the room, and was able to condense and hide away for the time being. When I looked back up at the clock, I realized it was 4:30, and definitely time to head out and get some rest before the rest of the hectic week.

There is a sense of excitement and renewal though with the student body present again for the school year, and I can't wait to see where it goes...

Happiness Journal (September 5):

  • seeing my Cordero Family after a great summer vacation apart
  • singing the Bishop Loughlin school song at our Principal's Convocation
  • having pumpkin iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts again (2 days in a row...better stop it)
  • Conversation with the students during family time today (trying to explain the new schedule system) - Students: "Mr. Hueg, this is mad hard to understand" Me: "Well I'm going to make it mad easy, so here we go...". As I posted on twitter --> #teacherswag! :)
  • the great work all of our student leader, house representatives did today to help make the day as smooth as possible 
“Do you build on the affection that the young people have for you to lead them to God?” - Saint John Baptist de La Salle (Med 101.3)

Live Jesus In Our Hearts. Forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment