September 18, 2012

I'm kind of digging this whole Happiness Journal thing...

...and hope you are too! :).

Happiness Journal (Sept. 17):

  • knowing that I successfully made it through the first official week of school for my 2nd year as an LV!
  • hanging up all of the Campus Ministry/Lasallian Youth signs around school that we made Friday at our planning event
  • receiving our first large donor sponsorship for the LVs Run 2012!! (Thanks DENA District!!)
    • Interested in donating to my personal page to benefit the great works of the Lasallian Volunteers Program? Click here!
  • catching up with my bud Sean Ruane from Lewis, who is currently serving out in Yakima, WA!
  • watching the season premiere of the new tv show on NBC, Revolution!
"When our time is up...will we say we've had our fun? Will we make a mark this time? Will we always say we tried?" Rooftops by Lostprophets

Tuesday

Today was an awesome day. Granted it started a little sketchy with this man on the train doing his "preachin'" to me about how I "look a f****n' fool readin' like that, and the only true way is the bible". At dinner, Ed told me I am turning into a true New Yawk-er by ignoring him and realizing all that is going on around me while doing a particular task on the train! Hooray for me? Lol. Anyways, at work, my boss Melissa and I got the BEST laugh of the year courtesy of one of our religion teacher's, Mr. Woody. To put it short, we gave a lesson last week and what it means to be Lasallian, and they took a quiz today and what they remembered. One of the questions was "Name the two adults who work in Campus Ministry here at Bishop Loughlin?" Simple enough I'd say, seeing how we introduced ourselves. The pictures below though show a different side to the story. Gotta say, at least these kids are honest...

Happiness Journal (Sept. 18):
  • Basil's Birthday Bagel Bash (Theology Dept. Chair's birthday was last week, so we had a little party!)
  • laughing SO HARD at the responses to the quiz via Mr. Woody [see pictures below]
  • finishing this AWESOME script I started yesterday on the train ride home today
  • predicting both contestants right for the winners of this season's So You Think You Can Dance
  • realizing the joy of blogging, and how exciting this will be to look back and see all the wonderful memories I had during my experience as an LV! 
"You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants" -Stephan King

And now...the pictures...

Jhon and Cristina

Ms. Altman, and chubby red hair about 5'7" 
Mr. Frank (our librarian) with orange hair, and a lady with curly brown hair

The Loughlin Volunteer guy, the lady who sung the pledge.

There is a woman who look usually happy and with brown hair and a fat man with a high pitch voice and he is a volunteer

One is a chunky white male with male with red hair. The other is a skinny women with brown hair

Mr. Eugene and Ms. Howlsmen 
Kevin and Sally

The woman with brown curly hair and the chubby man with short dark blonde hair.
I got to hand it to the students, they had me laughing for a good 5-7 minutes. Evaluating the situation, as a teacher would, this has taught me that I need to wear a 2 ft. long by 1 ft. high name tag on retreat with all of these students. ;). Lol.

Live Jesus In Our Hearts. Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment