August 1, 2011

Airport Adventures

Who would have EVER thought the airport could be so exciting...

Waking up early this morning, getting ready for the airport, provided no sense of what was going to happen as I began my travels to Philadelphia, where I will be staying for a week volunteering at a new school opening this September. Below you will find the progression of the day/time spent getting to the airport, time being there, the flight itself, moving onto the arrival into Philadelphia...


  • 7:46 a.m. -- realization that I almost forgot Bernard the bamboo in my room where I have been staying for the past week; ran back upstairs to get him, so he wouldn't feel like I abandoned him
  • 8:27 a.m. -- check into Southwest, and get the verdict on my suitcases: 87 lbs. for the large black tube duffle bag, and 68 lbs. for my large suitcase (total of $100 for overage of weight, etc.)
  • 8:39 a.m. -- time to begin the long line through TSA at Chicago Midway; spent most of the time introducing Bernard to the people around us through very in-depth conversations about him (for those that were with me, may have felt a little embarrassed...)
  • 9:17 a.m. -- Bernard attempts to take his own life by falling off the table at TSA (by Bernard attempting, I mean to say an old woman pushing him off); from the saving grace of one of my other LV's, I was able to save him and get him into a plastic bag until finding a rent-a-home for him to be in for the next week
  • 10:11 a.m. -- Bernard receives his rent-a-home, after enjoying a hearty McDonald's breakfast and orange juice 
  • 10:27 a.m. -- flight takes off, and everything seems to be smooth flying from here...
  • **time change to the East Coast** 12:47 p.m. -- little girl sitting next to me on the plane cant hold herself anymore, and pees her pants; realized what was happening the woman on the aisle asked if she needed to use the bathroom, and the little girl responded, "yes please, i need to finish..." (thanks for being so honest young lady)
  • 1:23 p.m. -- land in Philly, PA, but sat on the runway for almost a half hour. :/
  • 1:49 p.m. -- finally get off the plane and meet up with Bro. Ed at baggage...
As for now, that is all that has happened today. I look forward to the week here in Philadelphia helping to set-up the school and get it ready for the coming school year. On the list for the week is also a trip into the downtown area, to get me one of those famous Philly Cheese Steaks! :D. 

Live Jesus In Our Hearts. Forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment