October 31, 2012

#cabinfever has got the best of me!

I can successfully say that I have survived 2 hurricanes since moving out to the east coast (Irene and now Sandy), but this one definitely has me feeling cabin fever way more!

Anyways, I realize that a lot has happened since I last posted (again), so I will do my best to highlight a few of the exciting events I have had!

1. Brother Luke Salm, FSC Religious Education Workshop: I got to attend this awesome experience last year, and jumped at another opportunity. To be able to join other Lasallian educators is a great experience, especially when it all focuses on religious education and campus ministry. This year, our conference was in beautiful Narragansett, RI at Christian Brothers Conference Center!

Beautiful Narragansett, RI; I wouldn't mind living here for a few months every year (aka no hurricane season)
2. #DENAPumpkinWknd2012: All of the DENA volunteers came together a few weekends ago to hang out and celebrate the awesome season of fall/autumn. Everything for the weekend was themed PUMPKIN, and man was it all delicious! We also attended a haunted hayride/corn maze, and anyone who knows me well knows how much I hate events like that. Though it was my idea, I suggested just merely as fun, not serious (guess I learned my lesson with that one...). In the end, I look back and laugh at how stupid I probably looked/sounded the whole time, and really it was fun. To come together and share fun memories with my other DENA LV's is a great escape away from the large city setting and busy work somedays.

Some of the other DENA LV's + Alums! 
3. #Halloween2012: This year, I was so pumped for Halloween and the costume that I had planned. It started a rough day convincing everyone to go out, but in the end we were all about to go out and celebrate and have a great time! I truly believe you are never too old to dress up for halloween and have a little fun, and that is exactly what I did this year!

"To Infinity and Beyond!" Buzz Lightyear, #Halloween2012
4. Being shut-in during #HurricaneSandy: I was extremely excited for a 2nd hurricane in a year, and then as the storm really took over the city, I took all that excitement away. To see the destruction in a city that I have grown to love is very devastating, and wish there were so many more ways I was able to help. Being shut inside the house for this long has got me going crazy. There are only so many movies to watch, facebook pages to creep, twitter pages to read, etc. before it all gets old and you feel your brain turning to mush. I have tried reading and I just fall asleep which isn't healthy either because then I'm sleeping 20 hours a day. Hopefully, through lots of prayers, the city will return to normal and I can begin heading back to work!

That's all I have for now with this update. I must say, I need to get back on track to where I was updating every day/every other day, and reaching out to my fellow followers. ;).

Live Jesus In Our Hearts. Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment